Saturday, January 16, 2010

The last night

So I am sitting in my house trying to take in my last evening here in my house with everything that is familiar to me. In a few hours I will be leaving the familiarity of home and trading it in for something new and exciting. I am actually in a unique state of excitement, fear, and sadness. Here are the things that I am excited about:

· Finding an apartment and making decisions completely on my own.

· Experiencing a culture that I have heard about for about fifteen years.

· Sangria ;)

· The friends that I am going to make.

Finally being an international student myself.

· Travel.

Some of the things that scare me are:

· N Not finding the apartment

· What if after the time in Spain I leave not having improved my knowledge of the language?

And some of the things that make me sad:

Missing out on an entire semester of the I-House.

· Missing out on this time to deepen relationships with the new friends I made this past semester and the friendships that I already have.

· Not being able to return to Lake J this summer (This one makes me especially sad)

· Missing my family.

2009 was one of the best years of my life. I have met some of the best people in the world and I have worked at one of the best places in the world. …well here is to a good year and to an even better one to come!!!

1 comment: